As someone who has never had any desire to home school our children, I am both annoyed and amused at the prospect of homeschooling my Kindergartener. The problem is that she is only a half-day kid this year, so she could ride the bus home from but not to school. Since I can’t drive, this is quite a problem.
I have a few wonderful friends who have offered their shuttling services, but I am just wondering if it is worth all the trouble? Afterall, she is only in school for about 2.5 hours. So, to help me out, here are some pro’s and con’s that I anticipate of homeschooling:
- Wouldn’t have to depend on others for her schooling.
- If she vomits, it will probably be on me and clothes, meds, washing machine, etc. are already here.
- If something comes up, the schedule would be more flexible.
- I would get to go on all her field trips.
- Educational television shows could supplement her learning.
- I would be responsible for ensuring she could move on to 1st grade.
- If she vomits, it will probably be on me.
- It would be difficult to start and maintain a schedule.
- We would be at home together all day everyday (short-term pro, but could become con quite easily.
- Time alone to go to dr. appointments, shopping, the bathroom, etc. would be difficult to come by.
I know that this post isn’t as funny as what you expect from a brilliant writer such as myself, but even geniuses can stress out. For super funny stuff, see the 2 previous posts. If you have any ideas, insights, or advice on this homeschooling issue, please share them with me. Thanks.