Well, today was the first day of school for this year, so now I have approximately 2 hours and 37 minutes (my youngest is only half-day) each weekday to myself. As excited as I am about this new-found freedom, I found myself wasting 31 minutes (until I started typing this) already today just trying to decide what to do. To prevent this from happening tomorrow (and the rest of the school year) here are some of the things that I could do with my time, so I can have a handy-dandy list to help me make a quick decision tomorrow.
- Clean – Okay, so this one is a definite necessity, but for whatever reason it seems like a complete waste of time to me…I keep thinking: Yeah, but I could clean when the kids are home too, so why waste the alone time on boring stuff?
- Read – I love to read, but this one too I could probably do while the kids are home (although the limited interruptions would be a nice change).
- Wax – Gross I know, but waxing body hair is difficult to do when you have kids pounding on the bathroom door or screaming and crying.
- Paperwork – I really don’t even know why I typed that. I hate paperwork…filing, paying bills, faxing my probation officer…yuck. See http://wp.me/p1Cvgh-z.
- Blog – this one is also one of those…wait a second…I’m doing it now…What! 13 more minutes gone? Bye.