Yesterday I had the honor of going to see my surgeon on a day that we had not previously scheduled. I did have to be experiencing pretty severe pain before they offered this opportunity of a lifetime. The problem with … Continue reading
I was recently given this award by Pink, so thank you very much. Before she nominated me, I had been awarded this honor from HoaiPhai and I responded properly. Two other bloggers also mentioned me… TikkTok and Lifeinthefarcelane. This time although … Continue reading
There are way to many of you people out there who make money to write (novelists, magazine articles, etc). Therefore, I think I am going to start charging visitors to my site. You can still check it out for free … Continue reading
Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to do anything? Well, anything you should do. Okay, so maybe some of you are self-starters, the “I’ll get this done or die trying” type. I wish I was like that. Unfortunately, I … Continue reading
Today I reminded my daughter about the poem she was forced into memorizing (or we were forced into memorizing it while trying to get it into her short-term memory). Although I often forget in until after I have said something … Continue reading
This post contains some disturbing content, but it addresses an important subject that not enough attention is given to, so please just quit your whining and listen up. When I woke up this morning, I had a funny taste in … Continue reading
I’m starting to think maybe I should increase my vocabulary or at least use a dictionary of synonyms before I title my posts. appetizer NOUN 1. food served before main course: a small dish of food served at the beginning … Continue reading
Although I recognize that there are some people in this world that one or maybe millions of people find attractive, this “beauty” thing has bothered me for quite some time.
My sister likes Harry Connick Junior…”likes” as in drooling all over. Just kidding sis. I just needed to prove my point by using you. Sorry. Personally I don’t think he is attractive at all, although he does have some talent.
I’ll admit that I have seen couples and wondered what they saw in each other (shallow I know…I don’t do it much now that I’m older). There have also been many people who might be attractive to one person, but completely plain/ugly to another.
Sometimes someone might not strike me as beautiful right away, but as I get to know their personality, they become more and more attractive. The opposite is true also. Some beautiful people become disgustingly ugly based on how they act or treat others.
This pondering made me realize that beauty is actually an illusion. Something we see because we want to see it, like water in the desert. If beauty is an illusion, than ugliness is as well, because the whole idea of being ugly is based on a comparison to beautiful.
I don’t always act on this idea. Sometimes I look in the mirror and see what I want to see, but most of the time I see my imperfections. If you occasionally (or always) think of yourself or others as ugly or beautiful, like I do, maybe we need to start looking for some real refreshment and stop chasing mirages.
Some other things that I think are actually illusions are: worthlessness, inadequacy, and the feeling of being better than others. I understand that these might be real feelings, they are just not true feelings, so let’s not act on them.
Sorry this post hasn’t been funny like usual. I guess even us humorist’s have deeper thoughts sometimes.
Remember, everyone is beautiful in the dark 😉
10. I’m not smart enough – Have you ever noticed how all (or at least most) of the boring people in the world are pretty smart? On the other side, they have a million “entertaining” shows with dumb people (World’s Dumbest, … Continue reading
- Thanks to HoaiPhai for the nomination for this award. Okay, so I guess these are the rules, and although my mind screams “rebel” at any set of rules, I don’t think this will work if I don’t follow them, so without further ado:
- Thank and link to the person who nominates you.
- Share seven random facts about you.
- Pass this award on to five new blogging friends.
- Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers.
- I love legos.
- April Fool’s Day is my favorite holiday.
- I will eat just about anything I don’t have to cook/prepare. Bugs included. 😉
- I love Blue Bunny Birthday Party icecream…really… I’ve made out with it more than once.
- Most of the time I would rather read than watch tv.
- I’m brilliant (which of course you probably know by reading my blog, see: http://wp.me/p1Cvgh-8v).
- I know how to weld (although I haven’t done it since high school…same with glass blowing).
- The Procrastinator – She has a great sense of humor and we seem to have a lot in common (as far as the procrastinating part at least).
- Japecake – Lots of funny stuff.
- Life is a Bowl of Kibble – I know she likes dogs more than cats, but no one is perfect right? Very entertaining blog.
- Don’t Eat Dirt and Because I Can – These are my “healthy” blogs. One focusses on nutrition and the other on exercise, so if I read both, I feel healthy (it’s probably as close as I’ll get).
- Off the Mainstream – Another funny one.
Wow, that took a lot longer than I thought it would. Congratulations!