As luck would have it, my obsessive thoughts led me to a Trifecta post for this week. Since this subject is of such extreme importance, Trifecta is a perfect way to spread the cause. For more information see: Blog funeral/kidnapping/torture plan.clean (adjective)
3 a : free from moral corruption or sinister connections of any kind <a candidate with a clean record>b : free from offensive treatment of sexual subjects and from the use of obscenity <a clean joke>c : observing the rules : fair <a clean fight>
If any of you have ever struggled with the pain of wondering if the blogger that you stalk on a regular basis has just died, I understand your fears. The following are the rules for blog-bandoning:
1. No posts for 2 weeks, means that you have died. My condolences.
2. If you are not dead, but return after 2 weeks and see your blog full of “you will be missed” comments, enjoy them. Also, tell people you are not actually dead.
3. Spelling and grammar errors mean that you have been injured in some way. As your readers, we will feel sorry for, instead of critical of, you.
4. If you don’t post, we will assume the worst. We are writers with active imaginations.
5. Create a code word or phrase that you could use in one of your last few posts, so that we know that you have been kidnapped and will soon die/disappear.
Now, that is how you make a clean break.