One of the things that I have like best about blogging is the comments. The interactions between all of us. There have been several of you who I have stayed up through the night ‘talking’ with. There have also been times when I have woken early and spent all morning ‘talking’ in the comments to you. Sometimes it is on my blog, sometimes on yours, but I am pretty sure by now all of you know that I have a hard time just shutting up. There is way too much stuff that I have told different people on here. That said, don’t get together with my other followers and combine the things that I have told all of you so that you could blackmail me or something. Remember, I am in a wheelchair. You can’t do mean things to cripples, or people will think you are a jerk, so haha.
Now, I have some guidelines for commenting or more specifically my commenting:
1. I have a compulsion to reply to every comment you place on this blog. Most of the time, this compulsion is so strong that I will butt in to other people conversations on here. I have been trying not to, but I can’t promise I will stay out of your business. If it is on my blog, it becomes my business too, it seems to me.
2. There are some people who comment over here and I immediately take that as an invitation to have a conversation. I might ask them a question, or whatever, but I really love talking to you people, so if there are a few people who back and forth we have about 50 comments on one post, please just scroll down and still leave your comment, because odds are, when I am done talking to whoever, I’ll be coming for you. Please don’t be annoyed when some posts have over 100 comments, it is my favorite part of blogging.
3. I lack discretion. Sometimes I remember to be good, but typically if I want to ask something, I will. If I want to say something that you would probably rather not know. I will probably say it anyway. I am not trying to be rude or anything like that. I just value honesty, so if I want to ask if you are crazy, or if you are depressed, or whatever, I will probably ask.
4. You really are the best. I don’t know how it happened, but I seriously have the best commenters in the world. I wrote a post about it, but it is amazing. Your voice, writing, whatever is a huge influence, and the support you have given when I’ve had a hard time, has rescued me from hate, depression, pity, loneliness.
5. If I am ever talking to much to you, on your blog or mine, put a smiley face as one comment. That is going to be my hint that this conversation is over, and I will move on.
So, I guess that is all I wanted to say now. Thanks for being my friends even when I never shut up.